Betting sites use promotional offerings to entice people to sign up for an account, and one of the promotional offers is the odds boost. If you are keen to know what odds boosts is all about, you have come to the right place. First, we will discuss what odds boosts is all about.
Written By Rajeesh Nair Editor & Betting Expert.
Fact-checked & Updated on 10th February 2022 by Ushan Arya Industry Researcher.
Published on 22nd January 2022.
Best Online Cricket Betting Sites
What are Odds Boosts?
Odds boosts are offerings made by sports betting sites giving punters better odds for the same price, which will lead to a higher return. Odds boosts are also known by the names boosted odds, enhanced odds, and enhanced prices. It’s the discretion of the betting site as to what name they prefer to present odds boosts. Regardless of what it is called, it still means the same thing.
Boosted odds look like the betting site changes the prediction for a particular match, but the truth is it offers high returns when your bet wins. In other words, the price remains the same but the potential winning increases.
When using odds boosts, you have to keep in mind that it is not eligible in all sports. This promotion is usually found in horse racing and football sports because of the massive markets. In addition, some betting sites offer odds boosts on Cricket. So, you have to know beforehand what types of sports you can use odds boosts.
Types of Boosted Odds
There are various types of boosted odds promotions, but the ones you can find in most online betting sites are the following:
- Enhanced odds – It is offered to new punters. It is a perfect way to offer uniqueness to new punters’ usual bonuses, such as a free bet or deposit bonus. However, it is restricted to a particular sport or event. It is also offered for a certain time and requires you to make new deposits. The goal of offering enhanced odds is to make the promotional offer more appealing to new punters.
- Price boosts – It is offered to both new and existing punters. It pays out your winning in cash form.
- Boost your odds – Some betting sites allow you to select the game where you can apply boosted odds. As you place your bet, you can request boosted odds, and the winning amount will be in the form of cash. However, the boost is relatively small.
- Boost odds guaranteed – With this type of odds boosts, you get to choose the match you want to place a bet on, but it comes with a limitation such as the maximum state. Just like other types of odds boosts, the winnings are paid in cash.
- Double or triple winnings – It is a special boost on a specific outcome or match. As the name suggests, you can double or triple your winnings, which is way better when compared to other odds boosts types.
- Enhanced placed offers – This particular type of odds boosts only apply to horse racing. You have the option to place each way or place a bet and receive more options.
Terms and conditions for Odds Boosts
Although odds boosts are there to further entice you to sign up for an account and place bet, they come with terms and conditions. So before you take up boosted odds, you have to be aware of the terms and conditions. Eventually, after reading the terms and conditions, you get to decide if such is worth using. Below are the terms and conditions for odds boosts:
⚠️ It only applies to a specific market or event.
⚠️ It is only available for a certain period of time.
⚠️ It comes with a limited betting option. For instance, you cannot use it as a part of an accumulator.
⚠️ It comes with a limited stake.
⚠️ It usually comes with capped winnings. In other words, regardless of the amount of bet you place, the maximum amount of winning will still be the same.
⚠️ The winning is paid to you in the form of free bets or bed credits.
What does a Boosted Odd look like?
Odds boost for a certain event at odds of 10/1 with a maximum stake of Rs. 2,000. The winning prize will be paid in the form of bed credits, but you have to roll over or wager it 2x. Such a particular offer can only be applied for upcoming matches of cricket as a part of the cricket tournament.
When can you use Boosted Odds?
Just because boosted odds are available does not necessarily mean you always have to use it. You have to know when is the best time to use boosted odds. Well, there are things you need to consider when coming up with a decision to use boosted odds. These are the following:
✅ Use boosted odds for bets you want to place.
✅ The most attractive time to use boosted odds is when the winning is paid in cash.
✅ Winnings in the forms of free bets or free credits are okay, provided you will not be restricted on how you will use your bet.
✅ Should there be any restrictions, they should be minimal or few.
✅ If the boosted odds available are for the market you are not interested in placing a bet at, there’s no point in using them.
✅ Make sure you read everything, even the small prints, to see if any restrictions make the offer less appealing.
Where can you search for Odds Boosts?
The majority of online betting sites offer odds boosts, especially top betting sites. So, finding boosted odds should not be a problem. However, you have to consider all important factors before using boosted odds such as the ones mentioned above.